- SDL PLC and the SDL Group companies will ensure your personal data is collected and processed lawfully with appropriate security. On this page we provide links to our Privacy Notices and Policies.
As a UK Headquartered Company, SDL complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union (EU) legislation designed to give you more control over your personal data. This data is recognized as Personal Identifiable Information (PII) that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
GDPR provides a set of rules on how organizations should use PII, providing assurances that information is being securely protected, processed and stored. GDPR intends to strengthen and unify data privacy for all data subjects within the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA), and applies to any organization inside or outside the EU who are marketing or selling goods or services to these subjects.
- Treat your data fairly and lawfully
- Store you data securely
- Report any data breaches
- Keep your information for as long as it is needed
- Keep records of who accesses your data
- Give you your data when you ask for it
The European standards are seen as a benchmark for best practice. SDL has adopted the European standards as our best practice but where required we adapt our practices for the laws of the different countries in which we operate.